- A Day In My Life -

the ordinary and extraordinary..

Monday, January 17, 2011

Week One Over!

Week one of Atkins is over, yay! I survived it :)

I weighed in this morning and I have lost 9 lbs!! Very very very excited! It was the first week so some of the weight was water weight. I won't lose as much now but I should still lose about 4 lbs this week and then hopefully 2 to 3 lbs per week from then on. I am very optimist that I will be at my goal around April.

Once I get down to my goal, I am going to throughly go through my clothing and get rid of anything that is big on me. I do not want larger sizes in my closet that I can wear if I gain weight back. It will be a motivation to know that none of my clothing will fit me anymore if I gain it back!

I found a lot of recipes on the Atkins website to try out. They are very low carb and they sound tasty.

Tonight: Pork loin with stuffed mushrooms. I will be stuffing the mushrooms with onions, peppers, garlic, cheese, and seasoning. Yum!

UPDATE! Made the pork loin with mushroom dinner. (Pic below) The mushrooms were a lot of work but they were really good. The pork loin has onions and peppers on it and was also yummy. A great low carb dinner!


2 comments:

  1. Care to share that pork recipe? It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added a mixture of spices on the pork which I bought at Costco. Threw them in a pan and grilled all 4 sides about 3 minutes each..towards the end I put in the onions and red peppers. It was yummy.

    ReplyDelete